To measure your inseam for the purpose of buying a road bike, you will need to follow the following steps:
- Wear shoes that you will typically wear while cycling.
- Stand up straight with your feet about shoulder-width apart, and have a friend or family member help you measure your inseam.
- To measure your inseam, place the end of the tape measure or ruler at the top of your inner thigh, near your groin.
- Extend the tape measure or ruler down along the inside of your leg until you reach the point where your heel touches the ground. This is your inseam length.
- Record the measurement in inches or centimeters.
- It's important to measure your inseam accurately, as it will help you determine the correct size of road bike to buy. Most road bikes are available in a range of sizes, and the correct size for you will depend on your inseam length as well as your height and other factors.